GBodyCentral.com  
Old 03-14-2016, 12:04 PM
Regional Director

Talking The Steel Beast gets new brakes!

A few months ago,I realized it was time for new front brake pads.
I've always looked into drilled and slotted brakes since stopping on a dime and brake cooling was a top priority.

After weeks of research,I went with Power Stop drilled and slotted brakes street warrior kit part #K1485-26 which would upgrade from the solid stock rotors.
Once these things arrived,I was HIGHLY impressed with the quality when I opened up the box!
I was like a kid in a toy store!
The rotors were finished in Zinc dichromate plating,so they were shining like a MOFO!

The calipers are powder coated red so I know they will pop behind aftermarket wheels.

And they also came with Extreme Yellow brake pads.

Quote: When you show yourself to the world and display your talents, you naturally stir all kinds of resentment, envy, and other manifestations of insecurity... you cannot spend your life worrying about the petty feelings of others
Robert Greene
Old 03-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Regional Director

This past Saturday,I got around to putting them on.
As I started unpacking everything,I noticed the bearing races were already pressed into the brake rotors in case you wanted to reuse the old bearings. (Pretty Thoughtful)
Instead of using the old ones,I went ahead and brought new inner and outer bearings,seals and cotter pins.
Total cost for those were about $30,which is great!
I wanted everything new,so no old stuff would ever go back on with this new brake kit.
Packed the new bearings with grease ,sealed everything up and had everything back together within 2 hours! Talk about EASY BREEZY!

These things look bad ass once installed!

Quote: When you show yourself to the world and display your talents, you naturally stir all kinds of resentment, envy, and other manifestations of insecurity... you cannot spend your life worrying about the petty feelings of others
Robert Greene
Old 03-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Regional Director

I bled the brakes,took a spin to properly break the pads in as the instructions say and INSTANTLY could tell the difference!
I didn't have exact measurements but I use to test my braking feet to the end of the street, and I definitely can tell there's a shorter braking distance!
I love these things!

Robert Greene
Old 03-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Just a ghost in the machine

Looks like a nice setup.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Hot Rodder

looking good!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:32 PM
FNG

Nice setup !
Old 03-14-2016, 08:46 PM
Regional Director

Thanks guys! The old solid rotor brakes used to have a lot of brake fade when they'd get hot during long days in traffic or at the track.
I've been driving on these for several days and I haven't noticed any brake fade at all.
I even got out and felt them to see how warm they were after traffic. They dissipate heat very well as I barely felt any warmth in them.
I'd highly recommend Power Stop brakes to everyone if you're on a budget! No need to shell out close to $1,000 for good quality when these are available for under $250 shipped!
A huge improvement over stock!

Robert Greene
Old 03-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Hot Rodder

Looks good, man.
I'll be going with the 2wd Blazer spindles, hubs, and dual piston calipers. Also using Russell braided brake hoses.

Who did you purchase your stuff from?
Old 03-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Regional Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longroof79 View Post
Looks good, man.
I'll be going with the 2wd Blazer spindles, hubs, and dual piston calipers. Also using Russell braided brake hoses.

Who did you purchase your stuff from?
The kit can be purchased from Summit or Jegs.
My next step probably will be braided brake hoses just to clean it up a bit for more bling.

Robert Greene
Old 05-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Dirt Racing Co.

If you reused your old caliper bolts, the calipers will bind from all the old junk on them from not being clean, new bolts are cheap and good insurance, try tapping on the lip of the dust cap instead of beating it on with a hammer, it will look nice behind those craigslist wheels. I run the same setup except with Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Pads.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:52 AM
Regional Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking 81 View Post
If you reused your old caliper bolts, the calipers will bind from all the old junk on them from not being clean, new bolts are cheap and good insurance, try tapping on the lip of the dust cap instead of beating it on with a hammer, it will look nice behind those craigslist wheels. I run the same setup except with Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Pads.
There's hating ass Mark Wood aka Woody again. Thought you'd be dead by now from your K2 overdose. LMAO!
Smoke more,maybe God can finish the job you idiotic junkie!
For your information,those are new caliper bolts. The kit comes with them.
Doesn't matter where my wheels come from as long as I scored them and they are in perfect condition.

Robert Greene