GBodyCentral.com  
Old 04-22-2013, 06:26 AM
FNG

Looking Good!
Where did you get the freeze plugs from?
You seem to have all the small touches covered!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarloss
Looking Good!
Where did you get the freeze plugs from?
You seem to have all the small touches covered!
Thanks!!! I got em from Summit racing. Proform freeze plug covers. They have em in a brushed aluminum also. Click the pic below for the link to Summit Racing..

Got a lil further on the project. I hit Arizona up last weekend and finished up the welding on the seat brackets, degreased the frame and did some other lil cleanup. Brought my dash back to take it to the shop for a wrap job. LA Xrated hooked me up with some serpentine pulleys and I sent those out to be powder coated..I mocked up a few of the parts for a test fit: some 350 heads, headers, intake and carb ect to see how everything lined up. I gotta send back the 168 tooth flex plate. The mini starter is out to far and one of the header tubes hit the starter. I think a 153 tooth flex plate will move the starter in more closer to the block. that will give me the clearance I need...

Got the Comp Cams double roller timing chain, sprocket, Camshaft and 2 piece cover and oil pan and gasket installed..
TDC

Torqued the ARP bolts to spec...I also used a cam locking plate. i didnt install the cam button tho.

Cover with black ARP bolts.

Water pump installed with ARp,s

My lil pipe mod i welded up to hide the wiring. Its out at the coaters...Wire runs up from the starter behind the block and then thru this pipe. I have some clean mesh wire loom to make it look factory. Theres some DEI high temp wire shielding covering the wires as they run down to the starter...

Stage 8 header lock setup...

Put the brackets on along with the pulleys I got from LA Xrated. I still need a power steering pump. Ill get one soon...

Everything is torn back down. I need to order the 153 tooth flex plate today.I have some heads coming that have been worked a lil.They have some 1.5 roller tips on em. imma still send em out to be looked at, and get the springs, locs, retaining clips and umbrellas Comp recommends. Pretty fun stuff for me. learning alot! This is just a learn the basics kinda thing before i start in on the LS(carb'd) for the Bu. Thanks for checking back!

Elco Warren
80z UP!!

__/__/MyChevy is SoSuper!!!__/__/
Old 04-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Gear Head

man thats gonna be a nice lookin bu, makes me wanna go out and work on the buick.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:21 AM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by instro84
man thats gonna be a nice lookin bu, makes me wanna go out and work on the buick.
Thanks bro!!

Coated my lil pipe mod for hiding wires. I dont want a bunch of wires all over the place.

Painted the fuel filter/gauge line to match the intake.. I left the gauge chrome

Setting up the an fittings. Still need a dual -6an female coupler to move the line over just a tad for valve cover clearance..

img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3781/....jpg[/img]

Pressed on the balancer. I did a bonehead move and didnt mock the pulleys up and run the belt to check how it lined up. I powder coated the pulleys, installed everything(had to borrow a few parts from the els setup) and found the belt was waaaay off. The crankshaft pulley isnt the correct one for my setup. Its too short(by 1/2") The water pump pulley is a tad smaller also. I found out later that the pullies were from a silverado. Wont work so back to the drawing board. $60 wasted on powder coat.. I knew better but didnt do my usual mock up on em

Had my eye on a buddy's camel hump heads, but they dont have acc holes pre drillled. And they are the earlier styled heads without the bosses casted so you could drill em if needed. Sucked cuz these are worked nicly. 202, multi angled valve job,, the works! Imma go with the Pro Comp heads that are matched for my cam setup. I also went ahead and painted teh valve covers and air cleaner top black. I left the polished "ball milled" area tho. Looks killer (too me at least). I held off on doin the trim around the ball milled are to see how I liked it left polished. But imma go on ahead and black it out and leave the ball milled area polished..

Need the heads, correct pulleys and header wrap. Gonna finish the valve covers, and then stack some loot for the heads. Getting there. Bu will be in paint mid June and the motor will be done and ready to fire by then as well. While I wait, I'll be doin some clean up on my elco's bay. Gettin her ready for paint as well.. Thanks for checking back fellas!!

Elco Warren

Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Major Motorhead

Nice work.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM

Looking good Warren!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpin1ohmSS View Post
7.5 posi rear end clean up... Picked it up for dirt cheap and it already had the swap done. Just needed that "EKCO" Warren treatment

Started knocking off a lot of the grime and stuff with a small chisel. Drained the fluid and broke out the wire wheel

Got it pretty clean

Continued...
I have the same cover and support bars looking @ yours makes me want to pull it and clean up... nice work man, im doing rear disc soon ant tips?

Dave (Big Nasty) B
Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Hot Rodder

Thanks fellas!!!!

@ daveybtv.. Lookup GTSDESIGNS on youtube. I followed his intruction and it was super ez to do. He sets the tripod up, hits record and does the entire mod from start to finish. Ill find a couple links of his on doin the swap. This will be no prob for your skill level trust me! LOL! thanks for checking the lil build out...

His youtube channel----> http://www.youtube.com/user/gtsdesigns

Did a lil more mock up on the block. painted the header wrap black. I used some DEI silicone. I hope it works cuz I'd hate to waste all that wrap I did from before. Painted the valve covers up also. Looks decent. I will have the covers coated, and the fins color matched to the car

mocking the pipe up. After all the needed cuts are made, im flarinig the ends and doin it a anodized black. Should flow well...

I'm heading back in two weeks to drop her off for the bodywork and spray. I should be ordering the 202 heads by the weekend also. Time to grind and get this old girl on the road... I will be bringing her home most likely after shes painted so i can start dropping in all the parts ive been cleaning up.. Thanks for checkin back...

Warren "G" body
80z

Old 05-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Hot Rodder

Got a lil further on the project. I hit Arizona up last weekend and finished up the welding on the seat brackets, degreased the frame and did some other lil cleanup. LA Xrated hooked me up with some serpentine pulleys and I sent those out to be powder coatedGot a few goodies in. Mel said my Harwood 4" cowl came in. This is their "elite" line and has this black gel covering over it. looks killer!

Ill have a set of freshly rebuilt heads this friday. They are a set of 305 heads tho. This will raise the compression a bit and i may have to run a higher octane race fuel. All good. I was gonna run some Pro comp aluminum heads, but I wont drive the car enough to justify the cash for em. Also, Im working on the 5.3 LS for the Bu. So these heads will work out cool. Im curious to see how it runs. Ive done some research and decided to give it a try. they are free with all new parts so what the heck. i have a set of Crane 1.5 rollers to run on em. Just need push rods, gaskets and Im ready to fire it....

Pics of the heads...I stripped em and painted em up

Some Crane gold series 1.5 rollers

QA1 coilovers comin next week! Cant wait. 3" drop here i come!

Thanks for checking back....

Elco Warren
80z UP!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

My Garage
Old 05-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Major Motorhead

Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Just a ghost in the machine

Old 05-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Hot Rodder

Thanks Fellas!!! Picked up some QA1 coilovers. Didnt care about the adjustable one for this build. I'll do those for the Elco. These dial down up tp 3" so I can dial it in where i want. I went with OPG's 2" rear drop springs, and I have a new set of Belltech Nitro drop shocks for the rear.

UMI Front Sway, UMI Rear Drag, Spohn Hardware, Spohn Super Travel Ball Joints. I had the UMI parts re powder coated red and added a "smoke" effect. Looks cool..

I also picked up the better washers to make adjusting the Coilovers easier

Wheels came in... 22x9 front and 22x 10.5 rear. The frame is out getting notched. Its a "generic' wheel so i couldnt order a specific offset. The et is +35 (BMW) so it sets the wheels waaay inside the wells. After the notch, i can easily run a 1" spacer to bring the wheel out to the lip of the fender. The fender lips will bu rolled also. I want the rear tucked a tad..

Mocked up the Doug's headers and Billet Specialties wire looms...

Still need to get my SC&C jounce bar setup powder coated to match the UMI parts. Soon as the frame notch is done, car is off to the cage builder for a 6 point cage and then it paint time. 2013 Chevy "Ashen Grey". Paint should lay sweet cuz of that AZ heat!! Thanks for checking back!

Elco Warren
80z

Old 06-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Hot Rodder

A little more mock up on the block

Slowly getting there.. Thanks for checking back

Elco Warren
80z..

Last edited by Bumpin1ohmSS; 06-05-2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Added photos
Old 06-05-2013, 03:52 AM