GBodyCentral.com  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Lookin good,keep up the good work

My Garage
Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 AM
FNG

Do anyone know where I can find some Head light Bezels for a 1978 el camino?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:52 AM
Hot Rodder

Few parts updates.. Mel "Tha Prez" got my Professional Products intake and wire loom holders coated. I said I wanted em black and wet. Thats what I got..SWEET!

Also got my Z51 pab's back from the powder coater. Looks killer!!

Also picked up a power bleeder. Trying to get my tool game up..

And my Remflex gaskets came in. Door bell was ringin all day! LOL

Summers coming up quick! Time to make it happen! I need to get out to Arizona and get some work in on the car. Soon!

Thanks for checking back!

Elco Warren

__/__/MyChevy is SoSuper!!!__/__/
Old 03-09-2013, 06:15 AM
FNG

Looking Damn Good!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarloss
Looking Damn Good!!!
Preciate the love bro!!.

Picked up Some speed bleeders for the new calipers..

Went to Az this past weekend. Turn around trip so I didnt get much done. Mel and crew pulled the tired 350 out the Bu for me. THANKS FELLAS!! Now I can start the bay cleanup and my lil arts n crafts..

H balancer came in..

Cleaned and painted the water pump...

ARP'd up!

Also got the wells wet sanded up to 2000 grit. They are ready for paint now. These should come out super wet!

I'll be ordering some skip white heads here pretty soon for the build. Next trip I'll be cleaning the bay, pulling the old wells and finishing up the interior cleanup and weld job. Im hoping I can finish up the fat mat as well. Tall order but with 80z help it will def get finished up!The block will be stripped and cleaned up as well. I picked up some new freeze plugs and will pop out the old set and tap i the new...

Thanks for checking back...

Elco Warren
80z UP!!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 AM
Hot Rodder

My Chevy fam out in AZ will be bringing the short block and 2004-r out to me next Saturday(20th). Imma drop the trans off to my spot that takes care of me and let them go thru it. After I get it back, I'll strip it, paint it and add the Hughs deep aluminum pan. The block needs to be stripped, cleaned and painted also. I have a new set of freeze plugs Ill install also. My 8 qt oil pan and pickup came in as well. NICE!!!

Pickup for the Melling pump and 8qt pan

Dipstick...

Working on my lil wire hiding pip.. Coming together.. Made some lil feet and a bro welded em for me at work..

Dropped on the Holley Street avenger 670 cfm carb and water neck(which may be blacked out also)

The ARP bolts look sharp against the black. Flows well with the braided lines, valve covers and other aluminum/black theme goin on..

I should have laid it all out and snapped a pic. Heres the plug wires all done up

Big Saint sold his Bu(Really happy for his quick sale). but it was my motivation to get this done. Wanted to ride with him this summer. My fire kinda died a lil but Imma keep pushing along... Thanks for checkin back fellas..

Warren G Body
80z UP!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Hot Rodder

Cool

Pulled it all back out the boxes to see how it looked together. I'm really diggin it. The braided plug wires done with the DEI black mesh is gonna go hard (too me at least) with all the other black going on. Nice contrast...I may have a lil silver pinstripe done in the ball milled area

If I could find the air cleaner in black, that would finish the look off.. Ive been thinking about blacking out the polished are on the valve covers and air cleaner cover. I'll think it over. Mel blessed me with em and I dont wannamess em up. I could get another set used and try it out on those.... The block and trans will be here Saturday, and I can start in on those-cleaning and painting. Hmmmm. Just thought about this. I could get the motor finished up. Stab the dizzy and fire the motor in the Elco. Time it and check for leaks and address any issues before heading back to AZ.. I'll see how I feel about it..Thanks for checking back..

Elco Warren 8)
80z UP!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Hot Rodder

Got the 355 block in the shop now. Bought a stand from harbor Freight and got the motor loaded up. Clean up time!

2 bolt main block. Wont be for anything but cruising really till i build a carb'd LS setup later on. The internals look clean!! Motor is .40 over and has 4000 on the rebuild..

Mocked the oil pan up..

Taping off for the primer. I cleaned the block with a grey (fine) scotch brite and tide and acetone afterwards..

Dropped the intake and carb on to see how it looked. Still need to get my lil pipe for hiding wires powder coated and the red throttle cable bracket coated in black.

Primer. I also popped the freeze plug caps in to see how they looked. Im also replacing the freeze plugs...

Pan back on. Darth Vader!!

Bagged up! lettin it chill for a couple days before painting.

I need to order a few parts for the block. Fuel pump plate, oil fiter base, timing cover and pointer, flexplate, Aluminum heads, gaskets and a few other small things. Pretty cool lil learning experience. Thanks for checking back...

Elco Warren 8)
80z UP!!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Just a ghost in the machine

Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

My Garage
Old 04-10-2013, 05:40 AM

Looking good Warren!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 AM
Hot Rodder

THANKS FELLAS!!! Picked up a few more goods for the build. Summit Flex plate, ARP 12 point bolts for the flexplate, fuel pump mount plate and arp bolts, bronze tip fuel pump push rod, ARP Timing Cover Bolt kit, ARP Oil Pump Stud Kit, ARP Torque Converter Bolts, ARP Balancer Bolt, ARP Cam Bolt Kit, ARP Water Pump Bolt Kit, oil filter mount, an fittings for fuel pump and a few other things for the build...

Put the gasket on so it can take form. Waiting for the timing chain cover (summit brand) to come and then I can slap the cam in, timing chain setup and cover it all up...

Getting there. Cant wait to order the heads for it. ordering in a couple weeks. I'll be heading out to Az soon to work on the Bu's floor(chassis saver and do a little cleanup on hte frame-then eastwood primer...Thanks for checking back!

Elco Warren
80z UP!!

Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Hot Rodder

I left the oil pump pickup in the deep freezer for a week. Then applied a lil heat to the pump and the pickup slid right in. i used a mallet with sand in it to tap it lightly in place, used some loc-tite (blue) on the screw securing it to the pump. Then I put a bead around the opening. if that thing comes out..WOW! lol! I also installed the camshaft. its been wrapped in plastick covered with Camshield ZDDP break in paste for the past 2 months. i freshened up the paste , oiled up the bearings and slid the cam in...Ordered the last of the bolts and gaskets. man those ARP bolts add up QUICKLY!!!

Pickup in mounted...

Pan depth came in at 7"(mating surface to bottom of pan)

Pickup measured from mating surface to bottom of the filter came in at 6 1/8" or so...

Hard to make this out. i sat the pans edge on the side of the blockes oil pan mating surface and tried to snap a pic.. Looking at it in person, the pickup sits deep down in the pan

Hope to get down on the block Thursday(took the nigh off so i could play in the garage). i'll post up any progress soon. Thanks for checking back!!

Elco Warren
80z

Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Just a ghost in the machine

If you black everything out will you see anything in the engine bay when you are done? Remember they don't get a lot light unless the sun is just right. Or when you are working on them then the sun is right on you.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist
If you black everything out will you see anything in the engine bay when you are done? Remember they don't get a lot light unless the sun is just right. Or when you are working on them then the sun is right on you.
Yep! And sunlight right on you while wrenchin is no fun!!

UPS came thru again and brought the rest of the goodies so i can button the bottom up. I really dig the 2 piece timing chain setup from summit...

Thats what im working on now. I dropped the oil pan and gasket on. bracket for the timing chain cover and now im about to pull the old timing chain sprocket off and tap the new Comp cam setup on. i also go the last of the AN fittings for the braided line and fuel pump, and the fuel pump push rod (bronze tip) and gaskets... Let the fun begin!!!

Elco Warren

Tags
80zbabiezcc, elco warren