GBodyCentral.com  
Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Gear Head

Default RnD Fabrication Radiators

I wanted to take a moment to introduce our company, RnD Fabrication. We build hand-made aluminum radiators that are bolt-in for many makes and models, and we build them all here in the USA using US-Sourced materials. We make them for stock applications, as well as engine swaps all the time. We will put the inlet & outlet in the correct location for engine swaps at no additional charge (including LS swaps with steam port), and we include a trans cooler at no additional charge as well. Here are links to our G-body radiators:

http://www.rndfabrication.com/Gbody.html

Also note that we offer a discount for forum members. Mention you found us here and we'll apply the discount.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Professional Shadetree

Hey, welcome to the forum. Are these radiators available for the earlier stuff to? Your website says 83-88 G-body. Will these work for my 78 Malibu?

I am in the market for this style of radiator but I am looking for a brushed look that I will then have powder coated clear.

Also Will you be offering the coolant expansion tank as well as the washer fluid tanks for these cars? The bolt in ready would be great due to the locations and real estate is limited for the aftermarket stuff under the hood. That and I want it all to match.

I think valve covers, rad, expansion tank and washer tank all brushed in a flat black engine bay would be trick. Your stickers in the windows....WOW, now that's a show winning combo huh?
Old 11-20-2014, 07:12 AM
Gear Head

Quote:
Hey, welcome to the forum. Are these radiators available for the earlier stuff to? Your website says 83-88 G-body. Will these work for my 78 Malibu?
We have them listed as 82-88 based on the customer that test-fit the original for us. I believe the 78-81 were slightly different, but since I don't own one I haven't been able to confirm if they are indeed different. If they are different, all we would need is an original radiator to build a prototype from that would be a direct fit.

Quote:
I am in the market for this style of radiator but I am looking for a brushed look that I will then have powder coated clear.
Ours are all built in a natural aluminum finish. To get the look you are wanting, you simply use a red scotchbrite pad and scuff it, then wipe down with a tack rag and clear it. I would recommend not clearing it though, as anything put over the radiator does reduce the aluminum's ability to dissipate heat (we're only talking a few degrees, but it is something to consider)

Quote:
Also Will you be offering the coolant expansion tank as well as the washer fluid tanks for these cars? The bolt in ready would be great due to the locations and real estate is limited for the aftermarket stuff under the hood. That and I want it all to match.
We do offer overflow / expansion tanks here:
http://www.rndfabrication.com/AdditionalProducts.html

We build them with a bracket that can be installed pretty much anywhere, and with the two styles it allows installation into most vehicles easily. Do you have pictures of the original expansion tank?

Quote:
I think valve covers, rad, expansion tank and washer tank all brushed in a flat black engine bay would be trick. Your stickers in the windows....WOW, now that's a show winning combo huh?
We will be updating our site in the next week or so with valve cover pictures for the various ones we currently make, and will make the ordering page live for them as well.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilboo View Post

the radiator for your 78 is the same up to 83.i believe the difference between them from the 82 and up years lies in the radiator support itself.
canton racing products makes a drop-in brushed aluminum expansion tank you're looking for.it's pretty sweet.i looked high and low for a washer bottle of the same make up but no luck.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Professional Shadetree

I found a set of aluminum tanks (washer/expan) both were natural or brushed they were ballpark of 125.00. But, I can't find them to save my life.

These are nice and the look is what I am after.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:44 AM
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloelky View Post
the radiator for your 78 is the same up to 83.i believe the difference between them from the 82 and up years lies in the radiator support itself.
If anyone is wanting a radiator for their 78-82, and would be willing to send us their original, we'll built a prototype at a discount in exchange for test fitting / giving feedback & pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilboo View Post
I found a set of aluminum tanks (washer/expan) both were natural or brushed they were ballpark of 125.00. But, I can't find them to save my life.
These are nice and the look is what I am after.

Thanks, and we also offer a discount for members of the forum. Just mention where you found us when ordering and we give $25 off radiators, $20 off fan & shroud kits, and $10 off overflow / catch cans. Ours are all natural aluminum, and you can either scuff them with a scotchbrite pad for a brushed finish, or we can polish them for a fee.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Professional Shadetree

I can send you my radiator as my car is fixing to be down for a few more weeks. Do I pay for shipping or do you?
Old 11-24-2014, 06:52 AM
Gear Head

You would pay for shipping down the original, then we cover returning the original to you.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:08 AM
Professional Shadetree

ok.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:42 AM
Gear Head

PM Sent
Old 12-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Gear Head

Be sure when you order to let us know you found us here for the discount
Old 12-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Gear Head

bringing back up again!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Gear Head

Thanks for the support guys! Remember that our products are made here in the USA, and we offer forum discounts (mention you found us here when ordering)!

Old 01-07-2015, 07:15 AM
Gear Head

Bringing up for the new year!
Old 01-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Gear Head

Remember we can accommodate any engine conversion at no additional cost!

Tags
cooling, radiator, rnd, rnd fabrication