GBodyCentral.com  
Old 04-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Professional Shadetree

Default TH350/TH200R4 or a TH700R4?

What transmission is better for a mild street car with good road manners and still have a fighting chance to holding up to 5,000 RPM hard launches and burnouts? Just remember this is not a race car but just a toy that I like to romp on and leave lots of rubber on the pavement. I've been looking around for 700s or beefy 350s and I then I read a SuperChevy article about transmissions and they mentioned the 200 as drop in overdrive for the 350 no modding needed. I'm very curious to know more about this!!!!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Professional Shadetree

I've been looking at my oreillys and they are showing four different speedo gears/connectors. I assume these are also an electronically controlled trans as well?
Old 04-16-2016, 10:42 PM
FNG

2004R, get one put together by Extreme Automatics. Think Grand National and Monte SS.

http://extremeautomatics.com/th2004R.php#th2004r
Old 04-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Hot Rodder

I've got a 200r4 and you're rite it's easier than say a 700 swap. you can use your early style cross member if you want but you will have to make an extension to relocate one side of it about a foot or so,it's not very hard.just utilizing your current one is a big help.it uses the same driveshaft too.like any overdrive trans there is a small amount of wiring involved to control the lock-unlocking but it's very straight forward mine operates off the brake switch almost like cruise control set up would.the speedo hook up is the same as your th350 unless you're looking to change to an electronic speedo
Old 04-19-2016, 05:23 AM
Professional Shadetree

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMuscle View Post
2004R, get one put together by Extreme Automatics. Think Grand National and Monte SS.

http://extremeautomatics.com/th2004R.php#th2004r

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloelky View Post
I've got a 200r4 and you're rite it's easier than say a 700 swap. you can use your early style cross member if you want but you will have to make an extension to relocate one side of it about a foot or so,it's not very hard.just utilizing your current one is a big help.it uses the same driveshaft too.like any overdrive trans there is a small amount of wiring involved to control the lock-unlocking but it's very straight forward mine operates off the brake switch almost like cruise control set up would.the speedo hook up is the same as your th350 unless you're looking to change to an electronic speedo

Thanks guys, that helps a lot. I have found a loose belt last night may the culprit of the odd squeal I've been hearing. They are new and I didn't allow for the intital stretch. That or they are not good (Gates) either way, thatnks a ton on the info.