GBodyCentral.com  
Old 07-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default husky ratchet

I recently had a rather useful HUSKY ratchet stop functioning, the ratchet won,t change direction of rotation, now being 100% guaranteed, I knew Id just exchange it.
so I just brought it with me on my next trip to home depot to exchange.
its a rather unique design that has a flex swivel on the head AND a flex swivel mid handle that allows you to configure the handle into a 90 degree crank handle that makes it extremely useful in a few applications.
as I walk into the tool area I see a employee (lets call him ralph) standing out in front, and ask him if he works " in tools" he says hes not in that area, so I ask him where the guy might be that works tools, as I need a tool exchange, and he says, he will be back, and walks away,.. I stand there expecting to hear "RALPH" call someone to help ,too tools, for 10 minutes and when no one shows up, I was PISSED! the attitude SUCKED!
I go to the service desk and ask for a manager , I explain that I want to exchange a defective tool and "ralph"walks over,
and in front of the manager says "youll love this"" QUOTE " you can exchange that at ANY HOME DEPOT"
I look at the manager and say "IM IN A HOME DEPOT!" this is "ANY HOME DEPOT" and I can,t even get anyone to talk to me about what I need so far, the MANAGER is now taking an interest and SHE tells me to just walk over and get a new replacement ratchet, I tell her I looked and don,t see one thats identical, at which point RALPH. says " WERE OUT, BUT ANY HOME DEPOT, SHOULD HAVE THAT!", ignoring RALPH whos obviously an IDIOT! I turn to the manager and point out the part number on the ratchet and ask if she can locate a store that has it in stock, she looks at ralph like the IDIOT he is and goes to the computer and says she doesn,t see any locally so she makes a call, takes my cell phone number and promises to call me back as soon as she locates one, the next day I get a call, that she has located one and as soon as it comes in she will call me to come exchange it!
what became obvious is "RALPH is a total moron thats over paid if hes making minimum wage rates, and that home depot has at least a few better managers with at least some sense, I rarely spend less than $200 a month in home depot, and on average Id bet triple that,per month for various tools, hardware, lawn, home, building supplies etc. is a LOW estimate so getting a darn lifetime guarantee ratchet replaced is hardly a loss to their bottom line

Last edited by grumpyvette; 07-18-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Just a ghost in the machine

Scary how stupid some people can be.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Hot Rodder

Benn there, almost verbatim!

Doug
Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Major Motorhead

I had an issue with a 1/2" drive 13/16 deep socket it broke . So off to Home Depot I go to find they didn't have a replacement. I was then told by ralph jr. I could buy a complete set that would certainly have my replacement socket. I was like Whaaat . None of the other local stores had one either so ralphie gives me a number to call(some customer service if I gotta do the job). Long story short I call when I get home to find out it's the number to Stanley Tool . I didn't know Stanley made Husky tools. I give the person on the phone the socket # and my info and in a couple day's it showed up in the mail. I still prefer craftsman tools returns are so much easier.

Last edited by Donkzilla; 07-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:28 PM

I like husky tools but I agree on craftsman having a better guarantee!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvette View Post
I recently had a rather useful HUSKY ratchet stop functioning, the ratchet won,t change direction of rotation, now being 100% guaranteed, I knew Id just exchange it.
so I just brought it with me on my next trip to home depot to exchange.
its a rather unique design that has a flex swivel on the head AND a flex swivel mid handle that allows you to configure the handle into a 90 degree crank handle that makes it extremely useful in a few applications.
as I walk into the tool area I see a employee (lets call him ralph) standing out in front, and ask him if he works " in tools" he says hes not in that area, so I ask him where the guy might be that works tools, as I need a tool exchange, and he says, he will be back, and walks away,.. I stand there expecting to hear "RALPH" call someone to help ,too tools, for 10 minutes and when no one shows up, I was PISSED! the attitude SUCKED!
I go to the service desk and ask for a manager , I explain that I want to exchange a defective tool and "ralph"walks over,
and in front of the manager says "youll love this"" QUOTE " you can exchange that at ANY HOME DEPOT"
I look at the manager and say "IM IN A HOME DEPOT!" this is "ANY HOME DEPOT" and I can,t even get anyone to talk to me about what I need so far, the MANAGER is now taking an interest and SHE tells me to just walk over and get a new replacement ratchet, I tell her I looked and don,t see one thats identical, at which point RALPH. says " WERE OUT, BUT ANY HOME DEPOT, SHOULD HAVE THAT!", ignoring RALPH whos obviously an IDIOT! I turn to the manager and point out the part number on the ratchet and ask if she can locate a store that has it in stock, she looks at ralph like the IDIOT he is and goes to the computer and says she doesn,t see any locally so she makes a call, takes my cell phone number and promises to call me back as soon as she locates one, the next day I get a call, that she has located one and as soon as it comes in she will call me to come exchange it!
what became obvious is "RALPH is a total moron thats over paid if hes making minimum wage rates, and that home depot has at least a few better managers with at least some sense, I rarely spend less than $200 a month in home depot, and on average Id bet triple that,per month for various tools, hardware, lawn, home, building supplies etc. is a LOW estimate so getting a darn lifetime guarantee ratchet replaced is hardly a loss to their bottom line

Grump, is this the Home Depot at 441 and Southern?, or the one at Okeechobee and Jog. If it is the former, I know know Ralph. He keeps cutting bad car keys and HD pays me to fix 'em.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

"the one at Okeechobee and Jog" and "ralph" may or may not be his name, its just what I think I remember his name tag said
Old 07-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

husky pro # 65506
http://www.hardwaretoolsonsale.com/P...20Ratchet.html

these are really useful because you can adapt the handle to 90 degrees and still maintain leverage and work the ratchet like a crank handle in rather confined locations , normal flex head ratchets are not nearly as useful, nor do they allow the same access or leverage, Ive got no problem using air tools for DIS-assembly but you need to maintain a "feel" during any ASSEMBLY

http://torqtuf.com/product.aspx?product=megaflex

http://www.feed-building-platform.com/907047255.html

Last edited by grumpyvette; 07-21-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:09 PM
stock? what's that?

I wonder why they call him "grumpy"??

Old 07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

I,M not quite sure, at this point in time, if I,m dealing with well meaning, but totally incompetent employees or just morons that don,t give a crap!

I got this ratchet in the mail today, after waiting two weeks for a replacement for my flex ratchet?

I told the gal on the phone, at home depot customer service, the part number was husky pro 65506, they sent me a STANLEY 7-85-782 now after waiting two weeks, I did get a ratchet that at least in theory cost a similar amount but its not the correct ratchet, what would you gentlemen do at this point
Old 07-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Unique is... as Unique Does

Send a message via AIM to Leo

When I go to Sears they have individual parts from most sets on hand. HD never does. I won't buy anything from HD that I would fear having to return. Sears is better in my opinion. Lowes has better service than HD around here.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
When I go to Sears they have individual parts from most sets on hand. HD never does. I won't buy anything from HD that I would fear having to return. Sears is better in my opinion. Lowes has better service than HD around here.
x2
Old 07-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Hot Rodder

I'm partial to Snap-On......never had a warrantee issue....EVER!