GBodyCentral.com  
Old 03-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Hot Rodder

Default What is GBC coming too????

Not to call anyone out here, but why is it everytime I log on to this site lately there is absolutely nothing worthwhile???? Except for the occasionaly sales????? I know I don't have many posts here, but I do get on here everyday..... I don't like where this is going and I don't think the founders intended this to be where it is...Come on , look at it....Hell with all the joking and smoking...lets get back to the basics and get to where we need to be.......I'm sure some of the members will try and spank me for voicing my opinion, but I don't care...I'm a big boy and am entitled to my opinion....I will bet if you step back and look at the main page when you log on, you will agree....if not...who cares. This is America and the last time I checked I can voice my opinion!!! Only saying!!!
Best E.T. to date : 12.20 @110 mph all motor
Old 03-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Doing Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

You have the right to sat what you feel ,which is 1 real good thing about this site!!
I am one of the jokers but I try and post questions and experences too (one of which Ihave tears in my eyes about right now.
But to be fair, it's easy to comment about what you see thaat you don't like but it seems to be even harder to for people to start post about something they have an interest in.
Questions? Ask em.
Learning experences, share em
concerns? express em (as you have)
Now get busy and post something you wanta see
Donny
Old 03-20-2011, 06:36 PM
stock? what's that?

Quote:
(one of which Ihave tears in my eyes about right now.
Are you still cryin about that shift knob?

I once had a boss that told me, "Don't come to me bitchin about something unless you have at least 3 ways of solving it"

Good advice I have found.
Wait til you see the pics of the recycling center I post tomorrow!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:42 PM
stock? what's that?

"yeah, this place was a lot less funny before those rowdy exiles from that other site showed up"

Old 03-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser sose View Post
"yeah, this place was a lot less funny before those rowdy exiles from that other site showed up"

If your trying to call me out, don't bother ....look at your posts...all b/s .... I post stuff and look for help, guess I aint getting it here lately!!! I contribute when I can and I ask when I can..Look at my posts and you will see...
Old 03-20-2011, 09:21 PM
El Camino

Yeah I'm getting kind of sick of this site too. It's just all B/S posts and hardly anything is actually related to cars. Don't come on here quite as often as I used to.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Hot Rodder

Here's the funny thing about this and any site you go on, you will find all kinds of jokers on them. If you don't want to see that, then don't read their posts. I for one do not have a problem with the joking and cutting up, or all the B.Sing around. And for the ones pointing fingers at a selects few, they do ask questions, and I have personaly answered a few of them. Most of them have been in the form of a PM, but none the less they do ask and add to this site. I don't know about everybody else, but I don't want to be on a boaring stick in the mud site where everybody is too affraid to voice their oppinion on something, for fear that the mod's and everybody else is going to get pissy about it. Like a couple of other gbody sites I know of.

Politicians should serve 2 mandatory terms, one in office, and one in prison.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrJohnston View Post
Here's the funny thing about this and any site you go on, you will find all kinds of jokers on them. If you don't want to see that, then don't read their posts. I for one do not have a problem with the joking and cutting up, or all the B.Sing around. And for the ones pointing fingers at a selects few, they do ask questions, and I have personaly answered a few of them. Most of them have been in the form of a PM, but none the less they do ask and add to this site. I don't know about everybody else, but I don't want to be on a boaring stick in the mud site where everybody is too affraid to voice their oppinion on something, for fear that the mod's and everybody else is going to get pissy about it. Like a couple of other gbody sites I know of.

Amen brother

82 elcamino
85 monte carlo ss
Old 03-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Banned

its like tv or radio you can turn it off ya know
Old 03-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowproelco View Post
Amen brother
Well said, but when the posts have nothing at all to do with cars.....That gets a lil old. We don't have to read their posts, but when this forum page comes up, lately that's all there is. For me, I check out the posts to help and learn new things about our G-Body cars....I could care less about all the other b/s....there's more nonsense that car talk......JMO
Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBreu View Post
Well said, but when the posts have nothing at all to do with cars.....That gets a lil old. We don't have to read their posts, but when this forum page comes up, lately that's all there is. For me, I check out the posts to help and learn new things about our G-Body cars....I could care less about all the other b/s....there's more nonsense that car talk......JMO

Like I said don't like it don't read it.
At the top of the board it lists all the sections of the board, and if you don't want to see all the "BS" as you put it. Go right to the forum section and scroll down to what you want to see. But instead of doing that you want to cry and bitch about it.

True they/we do BS around a bit on here, but they/we do have alot of helpful info also. It's just the fact that a few want this site to be a all no BS site, and that would make it just like MR, and that site sucks anymore.

What I have figured out with some of the ones bitching about the BSing around is, they ask a question and expect someone to answer it NOW!!
And then get all butt hurt when they don't get their answer.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Just a ghost in the machine

One thing with this site: its still the new kid on the block. By my count its coming up on 7 months since I brought it online. I haven't counted but there are probably about 30 people total that are active on the site. While more then that are registered a lot of people will register and never come back or they register to 'reserve' their screen name in case the site does take off then they might come back. With the 30 or so people that are here when there is nothing technical to talk about its kind of like at a repair garage; you start BSing with each other. Would I like more tech? Hell YES! But I can't force it. Some people that have questions don't want to ask them out in the open because they don't want to be made fun of so they ask in PMs, I get that a lot. I'll answer but I also ask them to post it in a thread. A few do but most don't, and I can't really force them to.

I'm trying to provide a place for people to enjoy, learn, teach and help each other. But there is only so much I can do the rest is up to everyone else. A lot of my drive time to/from work (about 2.5 hours a day) is spent thinking about how I help the site grow. I hope the site grows and can become a place that people will regard and suggest to others as a place to get answers to their car problems or maybe just have laugh or two. Only time will tell.

I will say this to anyone worried about asking a question: If anyone gives you a hard time about anything you might ask, I'll take care of them. And that could include them not being able to post here anymore. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Everyone has had to start somewhere to learn, I've taught a lot of people and been taught so ask away. I don't have all the answers but from what I've seen most questions can be answered by the people that are here.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:46 AM
pro-cas-a-nator

WHAT,nobody ever heard of "selective reading"..???
Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
One thing with this site: its still the new kid on the block. By my count its coming up on 7 months since I brought it online. I haven't counted but there are probably about 30 people total that are active on the site. While more then that are registered a lot of people will register and never come back or they register to 'reserve' their screen name in case the site does take off then they might come back. With the 30 or so people that are here when there is nothing technical to talk about its kind of like at a repair garage; you start BSing with each other. Would I like more tech? Hell YES! But I can't force it. Some people that have questions don't want to ask them out in the open because they don't want to be made fun of so they ask in PMs, I get that a lot. I'll answer but I also ask them to post it in a thread. A few do but most don't, and I can't really force them to.

I'm trying to provide a place for people to enjoy, learn, teach and help each other. But there is only so much I can do the rest is up to everyone else. A lot of my drive time to/from work (about 2.5 hours a day) is spent thinking about how I help the site grow. I hope the site grows and can become a place that people will regard and suggest to others as a place to get answers to their car problems or maybe just have laugh or two. Only time will tell.

I will say this to anyone worried about asking a question: If anyone gives you a hard time about anything you might ask, I'll take care of them. And that could include them not being able to post here anymore. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Everyone has had to start somewhere to learn, I've taught a lot of people and been taught so ask away. I don't have all the answers but from what I've seen most questions can be answered by the people that are here.

Well put!
And the only dumb question is the one "YOU" never ask.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:38 AM
stock? what's that?

Quote:
Well put!
And the only dumb question is the one "YOU" never ask.

Another factor, which has been discussed here before (along with this whole topic), is that many of us don't have garages to work in, so are waiting on the weather to get the tools back out. I'm one of those with enough experience with cars, that I don't have that many questions anymore, but I do answer quite a few. I seem to be one of the distinct minority on this site (just from what I have observed, not trying to short anyone) that would rather make something different from scratch myself, than buy it or pay someone else to do it. And all my tools and equipment (except my new welder ) will fit in the trunk of my Maxima. That being said, I feel I have been very good about showing how I do things and, hopefully, both inspired others to make something, or at least show the new guys it doesn't take jay leno's shop to do good work. To me, the challenge and the joy is in creating something that no one else has, not being a parts replacer. And that wasn't meant as a slam on anyone either.

But I'm weird!

Last edited by keyser sose; 03-21-2011 at 06:33 PM.