GBodyCentral.com  
Old 06-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Banned

Question what color wires,??

hi all,,i have a 81 elcamino,,p,o, swapped in a olds cutalss interior,,dash,,center console seats,door panels,,the works,,issue is the factory temp gauge doesnt work,,nor does the oil pressure gauge,,i looked on the harness and in the usual spot for oil pressure,,there is the 2 prong connector,,can i just install the 2 prong oil pressure sender and plug it in,,what color and where is the wire come into the engine compartment for the temp,,and also would like the factory tach to work,,it does have aftermarket gauges and tach in it now,,but would look so much better with all the factory stuff working,,thanks for your time and replies,,
Old 06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Hot Rodder

Hey Woody. I have a wiring diagram for 81 Malibu/El Camino (not sure if its the same as a Cutlass)The oil pressure switch has a Brown/white wire and a Tan wire for all motors.The tach filter wire is also brown.The temp switch is Dk. Green.

Doug
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Banned

ok i found the factory 2 prong plug,,ig i put in a 2 prong plug sender will the gauge work??found a green wire,,seems to be really long ,any ideas,,and the tach,,does it require a filter,,i dont see one on firewall,,,thanks for the reply,,
Old 06-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Hot Rodder

The gauge should work if everything checks out. Not sure if the tach needs a filter or not, But the wiring diagram shows one.

Doud