GBodyCentral.com  
Old 04-14-2015, 01:24 PM
Hot Rodder

Default All you Cali members?

I got a question for you guys out in California. I was thinking about relocating to California, and was wondering how difficult it is to build a car out there with all the smog bs to have to conform to. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Hot Rodder

Better have ALL your smog equip installed bro. I live in Moreno Valley, Ca and they do not play out here. When my Elco was 100% smog legal, id get pulled over all the time and checked for illegal parts. Then I started seeing the "sniffer test" stations popping up all over the place. They will make you pull in off the road into these cones and perform a smog test on the spot! I dont know if you can get out of "participating" in it if you get called out for that or not-I dont want to find out either lol None of my cars are on the road because of these tree huggers lol! Im saving to go smog legal erod LS3 and do a mean ass donut in front of the ref station ha! Of course you can get an under the table smog, but they have created these "Start stations" out here now(well theyve been goin for a while now). If you get a "you must have this vehicle smog checked at a star station" mailer, you are pretty much screwed(and you will get one-They said its "random"> YEah right. I randomly got picked twice. Im sure theres a star station out here somewhere that will "pass" you (wink wink), but finding one will be a bia!! And then the cost. $300-$500 is what Ive heard. Good luck brother!

LsWarren

__/__/MyChevy is SoSuper!!!__/__/
Old 04-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Just a ghost in the machine

75 and older its no problem since they don't need to be smogged. But like Bumpin said ^^^. I did the expensive smogs a few times and then went legal with the LT1. But with an LSx conversion its easy to be legal and have big power.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Hot Rodder

OK cool guys! Thanks for the info! I've been worried about all this. I wouldn't mind having something 75 or older but I really love the 78-87 body style.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Hot Rodder

Yep! I love that style as well. I don't wanna chance loosing all that I've put into these cars. I'll keep saving and get that smog legal LS..

__/__/MyChevy is SoSuper!!!__/__/
Old 04-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Hot Rodder

Yeah I guess that seems like the way to go then. I know it's more expensive but like you said I'd rather spend a little more than lose all the money I've sank into one of these cars!
Old 04-15-2015, 08:28 PM
FNG

Lake County has no smog.....nice
Old 06-08-2015, 08:14 PM
pro-cas-a-nator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay420js View Post
Lake County has no smog.....nice
..Lake co isn't the only county in the state, there are others that has the same as Lake Co. ( see map here...> http://smogcheck.ca.gov/pdf/Program_Map.pdf