GBodyCentral.com  
Old 06-26-2017, 03:13 PM
FNG

Default Drum Brakes 84 El camino

Hey Folks I got a question from me not recognizing a bone headed thing I did, I pulled into a rent all place today and the parking is on a incline in which I set Emergency Parking Brake. apparently my brake dummy light doesn't work, thats 1 issue I'm not concerned about quit yet, backing down and out the inclined parking lot, the set brakes had no indication it was set had no problem in the reverse direction off hill and torque to back out and all the way of a mile to my destination before i realized my fubar, when I got to my destination, I could definitely smell hot stinch of pad or something. I noticed during a small test going back home how well it engaged going 20mph and it easily locked up the rear wheels meaning they work and was engaged during that mile trip. Question.... Glazed the brake pads, or ruined​ them I guess the only way of knowing is to start taking things apart. Now back to the dummy light if it worked my common sense Hopefully would have kicked in and noticed Red Light Hey... look at me. I never recall any drag from the rear emergency brakes when I made that little jont. Im just worried about what damage I did. That can't be good on the tranny as well it's the weak metric 200c or 250c. Later everyone, Live and learn.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Hot Rodder

yea they got kinda warm but the brakes still worked on the way home you're fine.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:20 PM
Just a ghost in the machine

Here is a link to the electrical drawing that has the parking brake switch that should have lit the brake light.

http://www.gbodycentral.com/forums/e...ghts-large.png
Old 06-27-2017, 11:23 AM
FNG

I honestly think it's a burnt out brake light bulb, I've been inside the console a few times so I could look/ diagnose... The ride into work this morning, the braking felt normal, I may never feel better until I look inside the drum area and have a looksy though, Thanks folks.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk