GBodyCentral.com  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longroof79 View Post
Warren,
I have a quick question for you, if you don't mind. What do you use to fill holes in the wheel wells?
I don't know how durable body filler would be in that application.
Man, you do a smokin' job on those wells. Nice goodies, too.

Thanks!
Jack
Thanks for checking back and the cool words!! I use a two part epoxy. I usually get it from autozone, but harbor freight had some 90 second set epoxy for cheap. I scuff the area (top, inside the holes and bottom of the well) and tape off on top of the wells. Mix the epoxy and try to get all the air bubbles out before pouring into the holes. Let it setup overnight and then peel the tape, mix the filler, clean/ scuff the area and lay the filler over each area. Then I let that dry for a day and block it down. 100 grit, 220 and then 400 and feather the edges smooth. After that I clean the wells with tide soap powder and rustolium wax remover. Let em air dry and the I use rusto "filler primer". Usually 2 cans per well in different colors. I do the first can, let it set up and dry, dry sand it with 400 grit, clean and then the other color filler primer. Let dry and then block sand to 400 dry. Then the last primer is a "sand able primer" from rusto. 1 can per well in grey. I dry sand that to 800, then wet sand to 1500. Clean and spray with rustolium engine block enamel. I do the primers in different colors to alert me if I'm sanding out too much primer. The coat beneath will be exposed and I stop.. Sorry for the long explanation lol. It's "bass ackwards" but it works out sweet. The better way would be to "cut/buff" the wells, but I don't have those tools...

__/__/MyChevy is SoSuper!!!__/__/
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Gear Head

Car looks GOOD !!!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpin1ohmSS View Post
Thanks for checking back and the cool words!! I use a two part epoxy. I usually get it from autozone, but harbor freight had some 90 second set epoxy for cheap. I scuff the area (top, inside the holes and bottom of the well) and tape off on top of the wells. Mix the epoxy and try to get all the air bubbles out before pouring into the holes. Let it setup overnight and then peel the tape, mix the filler, clean/ scuff the area and lay the filler over each area. Then I let that dry for a day and block it down. 100 grit, 220 and then 400 and feather the edges smooth. After that I clean the wells with tide soap powder and rustolium wax remover. Let em air dry and the I use rusto "filler primer". Usually 2 cans per well in different colors. I do the first can, let it set up and dry, dry sand it with 400 grit, clean and then the other color filler primer. Let dry and then block sand to 400 dry. Then the last primer is a "sand able primer" from rusto. 1 can per well in grey. I dry sand that to 800, then wet sand to 1500. Clean and spray with rustolium engine block enamel. I do the primers in different colors to alert me if I'm sanding out too much primer. The coat beneath will be exposed and I stop.. Sorry for the long explanation lol. It's "bass ackwards" but it works out sweet. The better way would be to "cut/buff" the wells, but I don't have those tools...
Thanks very much for detailed information. I truly appreciate it.
Keep up the good work!

Jack
Old 02-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Hot Rodder

Almost done with the wells. Just waiting for the primer to fully dry before dry sand/wet sand starts. This is the final stage of "filler primer" and I'll dry block sand em with 600 grit and then the "sandable primer" gets sprayed and the wet sanding from 1000 grit, 1500, 2000 starts. Like I said, this is not the ideal way to do this, but its working great for me. When I do the SS wells, Imma shoot em with a gun....

I also cleaned up my jeep shaft the homie Bronson picked up for me... Taped off a couple areas and sand blasted it. I primered and painted the center section black, and then clear coated the entire shaft. I liked how the bare metal looked after it was blasted. Came out decent...

All clean and ready for paint...

I cleared the blasted ends and painted the center. I may opt for the Detroit speed shaft later

Been puttin in some overtime at work so I can get things moving on the motor and paint. Summer is just around the corner already!!! :shock: Should have some action on the motor and paint by the end of March. Got some goodies imma spring on yall soon. SHould really make my engine bay pop! Stay tuned! :wink:

Elco Warren

Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Just a ghost in the machine

Old 02-12-2013, 08:05 AM

Looks good Warren!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Hot Rodder

Played around with the UMI drag bar and Mocked it up. I also pulled the stock lines off the calipers and mocked up the Kore3 lines... Im gonna use my pipe cutter and pick up a flare kit to do a double flare on the cut down line..Frog tape is just to protect the finish while handling the parts...

Kore3 lines...

I'll get the flare kit later today and cut the lines and attempt to flare em. Wont know how they turned out til the rear is in the car. I should be good tho. I have some 3/16 tube and can practice on it. Wish me luck

Elco Warren

Old 02-23-2013, 04:15 AM
Hot Rodder

Kinda all over the place now. Back on the "Ultimate 7.5" rear end. I installed the ARP main cap stud kit on the 7.5 also. I just followed the instructions off of TA Performances website. Pulled out the trusty torque wrench and got er done...
Did one cap at a time. I just "broke" the stock bolts loose, back out one bolt and installed the ARP setup. Used a lil blue loc-tite-Torqued to 10ft lbs and then the washer and nut. Then I did the other bolt. Same steps. Afterwards, I stepped the torque up to 60 ft lbs on each lock nut.

Done!

I also swapped the stock bolts for the backing plate to some grade 8 fine thread bolts. Washer, lock washer, nyloc nut and loc-tite..I needed a lil longer bolt cuz Im running that home made e brake bracket.

Found my pipe/tubing cutter and I can start cutting the stock brake lines to size. I'll hit autozone up for and OEM flare kit and give it a try.
Thanks for checking back! :wink:

Elco Warren
80z!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Hot Rodder

Got the rear all buttoned up. Fluids in and rear cover is on. I also picked up some needed tools, Flotech headers, Stage 8 bolts lock bolts for the headers and collectors and Remflex gaskets...

You dont realize how much you need a vice until you dont have it handy. Grabbed this for $63 at sears

A tubing bender kit. imma go ahead an get the Eastwood flare kit later. Didnt wanna spend the cash for al that now when so much other stuff is needed. This kit has everything I need to do the job nicely.

]

installed the vise on my work bench and Im ready to get to work..

Practice run. Looks just like the factory flare.. Im re doing the lines with new tubing and ends from eastwood. Just wanted to practice on the factory lines..If I dont get new lines, I'll at least get new threaded ends for the 3/16" factory lines. These ends are so rounded of. No bueno..

cut and reflared the stock line

new line

New headers for a SBC 350..I will break the new motor in with the old headers and then install the Flotech's..

New STAGE 8 header lock bolts and collector flange locking setup. Ive got the serpentine bracketsall powdercoated up, and picked up a new belt.

Flange lock setup..

Also picked up an aluminum upper radiator hose. i had my og hose made 4 years back, and it looks like this setups pretty close to the one in my elco. A lil trimming and an elbo hose end and it will be great..
Side by side of the new pipe and my og setup in my elco..

A little trimming job and it will be perfect. im not chopping it all up. It will set in there just like my Elco's pipe sits. Imma wait to trim it down once the radiator is in the Bu. That way its set up based on that car.

Other parts ordered:
1 mini starter
2 Dizzy
3 valve cover gaskets
4 fuel pump
5 90 degree water neck

Looking good so far. Still chugging along on the wells. They are ready for wet sand now. i have 3 days off this weekend and will get a move on em. Should be ordering the aluminum heads and getting the short block started in a couple weeks. Thanks for checking back....

Elco Warren 8)
80z UP! :twisted:

Old 02-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Hot Rodder

I cant stop looking at them calipers!!! So wet!!! Gonna pop super clean!! Nice job bro.. Keep going :)
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Hot Rodder

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80ELCAMINOFLAKE
I cant stop looking at them calipers!!! So wet!!! Gonna pop super clean!! Nice job bro.. Keep going :)

Bruh that means alot comin from the owner of one of the cleanest Bu's out there! Preciate' that fam! I stay on those vids you post for some serious motivation!

I looked on ebay for a brass "disc/disc" prop valve and found one for $27.00. Grabbed 2 of em...

13.39" Black rotors came in. Look baaad ass. Wish they would stay black....All good tho. The drilled holes and veins will stay black for a lil detail..

New hubs...Im just gonna cut the abs part as low and clean as possible. Then use a lil ultra black silicone on the exposed wire and then heat shrink wrap it with a closed in heat shrink cap. Should work cool..

Side by side with my Elco's 14" rotor. Not really much difference

My 90 degree angled silicone radiator hose elbow cam and is gonna work out killer. No cutting the aluminum hose up to fit. After I trim the aluminum pipe down, I'll take it to a spot and have the bubble flare put back on the ends for that official look. :wink: On the Hub bolts, I'll be wire wheeling all the bolts to clean the threads up. then anti seize. I need to look and find what the proper torque specs are for these bolts as well. Google search away...The Front and rear PAB's are out getting powder coated chrome and will be ready today (Friday). Mel took my intake to the powder coater and will have it done in a gloss black. Should look clean cuz the intake has a smooth finish to it. I should have everything(PAB's) here today and can get the rearend buttoned up. Up next will be some black braided hose and black an fittings.. My "Kuol Tool" will be here today also. Cant wait!!

Thanks for checking back!

Elco Warren

Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 AM
2wd numb nut

whose rear disc conversion did you use of did i miss it?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu795 View Post
whose rear disc conversion did you use of did i miss it?

Thanks for checking the ol girl out. The front and rear setup are from a 98-2002 Camaro of Firebird.. The rear consist of the maro backing plates, PAB and caliper. The front setup consist of Kore3's big brake kit, Kore3 z51 PAB and a 98+ 2wd Chevy Blazer spindle...

Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Hot Rodder

Cool

Been using the new brake flaring kit and practicing on bends. Still a lil rough. They dont have that factory look to em. Practice will get em better. Im still learning how to use the bending tool..

All of this shoulda been done before paint. I have to weld the lil brackets on for my stainless lines. All good tho. Lil touch up paint and wee r good..

I also did some work on my 8.5's rear. Really happy with the results so far. Still waiting on a few other goodies to come in so i can move fwd with some other projects. Thanks for checking back!

Elco Warren

Old 03-06-2013, 04:10 AM
Hot Rodder

that radiator hose looks sharp

Tags
80zbabiezcc, elco warren