GBodyCentral.com  
Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Just a ghost in the machine

Old 05-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Hot Rodder

Unhappy

Ok. Man we ran into some probs. Back when I got the car painted, we had to cut out some rusted out panels on the passengers side. This had me worried about the frame bolts breaking loose when we tried to remove em. Used a ratchet and on the first small turn, crack crack snap!. The driver side bolts came out with no probs. I think the last bolt towards the rear (driver side) bolt head broke off. With no power at the storage, Im gonna have to take her to a shop to fix the prob(and im in cali). Did a little tail light mocking up..

Bay cage looks sweet along with the Wilwood master cylinder and custom top..

Also grabbed a bump steer kit from Spohn. This is strictly for looks. Saw the anodized red bars and loved it. It goes well with the other bars and endlinks I have. Mocked it up on my SS..

Our club prez is looking around for a spot that can handle cutting the floor to gain access to the busted bolts. Im gonna clean the frame up and replace the front arear bushing and keep it moving. Unless the shop can work around my cage, no frame off for now. Thanks for checking back!

LsWarren
80zUP!!

__/__/MyChevy is SoSuper!!!__/__/
Old 05-06-2015, 02:24 AM

Sorry about the bolts Warren but you will get them out. Everything looks good !
Old 05-06-2015, 09:06 AM

The bolt breaking sucks. But everything else is looking sweet.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Professional Shadetree

Dang, I am in the wrong line of work!! Your job hiring? I've got mad skills!!
Old 05-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte ss496 View Post
Sorry about the bolts Warren but you will get them out. Everything looks good !
Thanks bro!! A facebook bro of mine shot a vid of whats actually inside the boxed area the frame bolt screws into. I was like thats it?? He cut from the bottom and the piece just sits there. I'll see if he can get me a few of em. Hoping my bodyshop out there in Az will take on the project for me. Thanks for checking back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
The bolt breaking sucks. But everything else is looking sweet.
Yeah it did :-( But I knew it would happen. That side of the car had rust issues on the panels so I figured i'd run into some issues. Preciate you checkin back in bro! Im back in Cali so Mel will look into getting it fixed for me. Im back on my Elco project now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilboo View Post
Dang, I am in the wrong line of work!! Your job hiring? I've got mad skills!!
LOLOL! Man working nights SUCKS!!!! Cash is good but you have no life.

No updates yet. The 80z club prez is gonna look into getting the prob squared away for me. In the mean time, Im back on my #heartandSoulElco Project..Getting her prepped for paint. Just a clean paint, fresh chrome and slap the 8.5 rear in, new suspension parts, 700r4 and interior and done. Its a work truck so no show stuffs. This is an GMPP HO Deluxe 350 that I added some pretty parts to. Edelbrock RPM Airgap intake, Holley Ultra Street Avenger 670 CFM, and Edelbrock Water pump. Temp setup til I get the cash up for an Erod Ls3(Smog legal)

Thanks for checkng back fellas! Soon as I get some updates from Mel I'll post up.

LsWarren
80z

Last edited by Bumpin1ohmSS; 05-09-2015 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added a photo link
Old 03-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Hot Rodder

Cool Back at it! Body bolts are fixed!!

Been a lil while since my last update. Finally got out to Arizona and 80z got it crackin on the Bu once again! Thanks to Elco Mel the Prez and DmonChIld Jerry, we got the old girl back up to the shop for the fix. My painter Dana quickly got to work on getting her right. Mel and J will pick the Bu up for me this saturday and its headed back to storage. I'll be planning a trip out there so we can yank the frame and start the mods on it. I want the rear section notched a lil more so i can run a 12" wide wheel or some meaty slicks. Recent pics of her from the day we dropped her off...

In the mean time, Ive been messing around with my 87 SS firewall..

Should have some Malibu updates soon! Once the frame is done, its just a matter of slapping all the goodies on. I'll be swapping cars once we get the bu together-Bu comes to cali and the SS goes to Az. Thanks for checking back!!

Old 03-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Hot Rodder

I really enjoy following your build(s)!!!

Doug
Old 03-03-2016, 10:16 AM

Old 03-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Professional Shadetree

Fantastic work, that Malibu is looking great!
Old 03-06-2016, 12:25 AM
Hot Rodder

Thanks fellas!! Preciate the love on the project. Man it sucks shes so far from me (Im in Cali and the Bu is in Arizona)

The club prez and fellow member headed out to snatch the Bu from the painter. He got all the bolts taken care of and Mel got the bu back to the storage for me. They are gonna turn the car around so the frame pull will be easier. No real updates other than the bolts are fixed and its back in the storage unit. Im headed out there next tuesday morning after work (3am) and should arrive in AZ by 7-8am ish and the fun begins!!

MAN!! I love that front bumper!!

Thanks for checking back fellas!!

Warren

Old 03-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Hot Rodder

I'm loving this thread. Your passion to detail is awesome!
Best E.T. to date : 12.20 @110 mph all motor
Old 04-01-2016, 06:20 AM
Professional Shadetree

Any progress?
Old 09-30-2016, 01:34 AM
Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilboo View Post
Any progress?
Sorry I took so long to respond. The Bu is in Arizona and Im in cali. My trips out there are limited to 2 times a year. Finally got some action on the ol girl..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBreu View Post
I'm loving this thread. Your passion to detail is awesome!
Thanks bruh!!!!!

FINALLY! headed back to Arizona next month to get some work done on the old girl. I gotta send a STOOOOOPID shout out to my club brother Jerry AKA DemonChild and club Prez Elco Mel out there for yanking all the suspension off the frame for me. Fam i really appreciate that!! I was gonna have the frame re-notched for a 12" wide wheel, but I had it notched already and would hate to spend more loot on it for the same thing. I can use that cash towards my SS notch, and run the wide wheel on that project. last trip I had separated the frame, cleaned up the "shop" and tried to get things in order for me for my next trip down. The fellas handled it for me, and now I can focus on gettting some bracing added and weld up the frame seam. After that, its headed in for powder coat and then I'll make a quick trip back out to get the frame back under the car.. Nuff talk..

Did some polishing after I separated the body. I cleaned out the storage, bought a nice tool box, filled it with needed tool and got one of those thin show car covers to keep the dust in check..

Got the body up...I set the frame on casters so I could roll it out..

And she's out thanks to the fellas!!

She's chillin waitin on daddy to get back out there and do some wrenchin on her... I'll have some more pics/updates next week when I get out there. Thanks for checking back...

RocShop Warren
80zUP!!

Old 12-26-2016, 03:35 PM
Hot Rodder

Hope everyone had a chill Christmas with fam and friends. Still here making some moves on the 78 Bu I call the #dtoxBu. Last trip to Az my club bro's removed all the suspension and slid the frame out for me. Really appreciated that fellas! We are at a stand still because or frame fab guy was hurt BADLY while doing some work for another customer. He's not taking any other work right now. So the bu is just sitting. My prez is looking for another spot to do the frame re-notch for me. BUT! In the mean time in between time, I picked up an 03' LQ4 6.0 to do a budget build on. This will be a turbo project so I've been researching and using the search function big time. Started ordering parts for the build..

LS2 lifter trays
LS7 lifters
LS9 headgaskets
LS3 water pump (2010)
ARP bolt kit
LSBrackets.com Brackets
Setback plates (ebay)
317 heads-Currently at the shop getting cleaned up, valve job and a slight mill so they mate up nicely.

This will be a turbo build. Still up in the air if it will be single or twins (#twinsfortheWins!!) Currently leaning towards a LJMS stage 2 turbo cam kit(springs, pushrods ect) and will call them to give up some info o the car, weight, rear, gears ect). Should be a cool learning experience. Nuff talk! Here's some pix and flix. I set my Holley intake on top to see how I liked it...

Went with the 2010 LS3 water pump cuz i wanted the outlet on the driver's side. I hate the snaked hose all over the front of the bay.

Walk around vid...

Heads should be in this week. Will post updtaes as I get em. Soon as we can get this frame done, its all down hill. I can bring the car back to Cali and start putting it back together finally.

Thanks for checking back!!

RocShopWarren

Last edited by Bumpin1ohmSS; 12-26-2016 at 03:39 PM.

Tags
80zbabiezcc, elco warren