GBodyCentral.com  
Old 05-20-2016, 07:02 AM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilboo View Post
Did you read my above post about your budget and where your options lay?
Yes, I read them. I believe the 350 is still good. It runs, just like ****. my friend and I are rebuilding it ourselves from the bottom up anyhow, just hopefully don't have to replace alot.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:04 AM
FNG

I also want a Hurst Slap Stick shifter, but when I google it there are many options, most of which I do not know if I need. I have a column shifter now, anyone know what I need or where to get it?! I appreciate the help and guidance
Old 05-23-2016, 06:09 AM
Professional Shadetree

[QUOTE=79El;41090]I also want a Hurst Slap Stick shifter, but when I google it there are many options, most of which I do not know if I need. I have a column shifter now, anyone know what I need or where to get it?! I appreciate the help and guidance[/QUOTE

I am happy you have decided to step up and rebuild the engine yourself! That's great, just make sure you know what you're doing. Things can go sideways in a hurry. I rebuilt my first engine at 16 (school) and then for real at 18 and it ran great.

Steering column/floor shift

This is an easy fix but it depends on two things, skills/comfort level and budget.

1) If you have the budget then just source a good used/rebuilt or new floor shift column and then find the shifter for your planned driving style/trans options.

2) If you don't have the budget the only difference will be to grind and fill the collar hole where the shift handle was and to drill a small self tap screw or bolt just above the lower shaft support bearing to keep the collar from trying to rotate. I can show pictures of this if need be. (I think I still have them after the computer crashed) You'll have to wait until I get my laptop out of the shop.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:03 AM
FNG

Thanks, as far as the shifter, no skills or comfort level lol. my buddy probably knows how, but for budget, ill pay for this whatever it needs, it definetly needs it. te original column shifter sticks and sucks. i want that slap stick shifter
Old 05-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Professional Shadetree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79El View Post
Thanks, as far as the shifter, no skills or comfort level lol. my buddy probably knows how, but for budget, ill pay for this whatever it needs, it definetly needs it. te original column shifter sticks and sucks. i want that slap stick shifter
Right on.

There are a lot of different brands and within those brands they have a TON of different options, most of which have a "slap stick" or ratcheting style mechanism.